Saturday, July 28, 2012

saturday special -- july 28

The blogs are full of CHA recaps. I found so many delicious scrapbooking treats for myself -- it's a little overwhelming! I've already ordered products from Bella Blvd., Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye, and Pink Paislee. Also would like to get my hands on some Echo Park, Heidi Swapp and Lily Bee Design. <sigh>

Other than CHA, there a few good posts out there that I wanted to share with you.

1. May Flaum stamps with water. Water!! I know! Who would have thought??? I really want to try this technique in my art journal. I know! I started an art journal!! Who would have thought??? (blog post coming soon on this experience).
Photo credit: May Flaum
2. You may have guessed that I love May Flaum and her posts. Here she talks about scraps.
My scraps are well organized and totally unused.

I also have a bin of 4X6 papers that I will never use AND I started mopping up extra
Glimmer Mist with white paper. Cool scraps that also sit waiting for a special project.
Like an art journal perhaps? Hmmmmm.........
3. Jennifer Maguire has a simple system for organizing her stamps. I think this is much better than stuffing your stamps in a drawer....
7584253110 b5f5b94283 Groovin with the Go to Gals: Clear Stamp Storage
Photo credit: Jennifer Maguire/Paper Crafts
4. Banners aka pennants aka garlands have been around for a while but I've just starting using them! I love how Tina Walker layered her banners/pennants/garlands using My Mind's Eye products.
IMG_9810
Photo credit: Tina Walker (a dog's life)

I hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comments:

  1. I love Tina Walker's banner idea! I might have to scraplift it...
    Thanks for the inpiration Natalie!
    NNM

    ReplyDelete