Saturday, December 21, 2013

my five faves - 2013 projects

It has been much too long since I posted anything here. I hope to come back often in 2014.

There were so many great scrapbooking moments last year. Here are my five favourites.

1. Cari Fennell layout

Cari Fennell is an amazing Prima educator. I've taken a bunch of classes with her where she has introduced me to modelling paste, painting, layering, gelatos, Pan Pastels and stepping out of my comfort zone. I took two classes with her in the Spring. This layout was my favourite.

2. Playing with Dylusions

I went a great all-day crop in May where I met Doris Forcier, the owner of Les Trésors du paradis, a local scrapbooking store. The crop had free mini-courses running throughout the day and I took one with Doris who showed me the magical properties of Dylusions. I think I'm hooked!

3. Anna Dabrowska canvas

I did not hesitate to sign up for two of classes by Anna Dabrowska aka Finnabair and make the four-hour trek to Cambridge, Ontario the minute I heard she was coming to Canada. I was not disappointed. We made a canvas with black gesso, played with Silks and sprays and, mostly, I allowed myself to have fun. The final canvas still makes me smile. I also look at it when I need inspiration and strength.
4. Angie Blom card

I signed up to take a card class with Angie Blom from Unity at Crop & Create Cornwall at the last minute. I'm not the best cardmaker and I didn't know what to expect from this class. Angie was a wonderful teacher. She taught me to look at cards like a layout. This was a revelation! I absolutely love the cards we made.

5. Donna Salazar journal

Donna Salazar came to my part of the world in November. I took two classes with her. She is as lovely as she is talented! We made this wonderful journal which we hand stitched. I also got to play with her wonderful Mixed Media inks, flower dyes, Smooch Spritz and jeans.

2013 was a great year for learning new techniques, stepping out of my comfort zone and creating beautiful projects. I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring.

Have a wonderfully creative week,

No comments:

Post a Comment